Specialised Services & Equipment
Dental implants are made of medical grade titanium and can help secure new teeth (ceramic or acrylic) into your jaws providing a natural feeling replacement.
Implant Supported Dentures
For those patients wanting a little more for their dentures, it is often able to place between 1 and 4 implants to help stop your denture floating away. Many patients who undergo this treatment at Jacaranda Family Dental find themselves enjoying foods they haven’t had in years.
Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment involves making a small opening into the inside of the tooth and disinfecting this area prior to placing a special material to help seal the inside of the tooth.
At Jacaranda Family Dental we are able to provide this treatment for most teeth, often saving you the hassle of leaving Gympie to see a specialist.
After taking a mould of your mouth we are able to create a mouthguard at Jacaranda Family Dental that is not only comfortable and suits your individual bite pattern, but evenly distributes and force from a knock or bump to the teeth.
The benefits of having a custom fit mouthguard are that it:
- Will not fall when you open your mouth, allowing you to speak whilst wearing it.
- Is comfortable.
- Will not restrict breathing.
- Provides the highest level of protection available for your mouth when participating in contact sports or activities.
Some suggested sports where a mouthguard is imperative are football (all codes), hockey, netball, basketball, baseball and even skateboarding and skiing, just to name a few.Be sure to ask about our wide selection of colours and patterns available. We will be sure to have one to make your team colours.
To ensure longevity of your mouthguard:
- Rinse in cold water after every use.
- Store in a rigid plastic container.
- Keep away from high heat (such as prolonged periods in a hot car) as mouthguards will distort in high temperatures.
- Occasionally rinse your mouthguard in a mouthwash.
This fear can be for a number of reasons including:
- Fear of pain
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- History of traumatic dental experiences
- Complex dental problems
At Jacaranda Family Dental in Gympie we have a visiting anaesthetist that administers and monitors the sedation. The cost of this is very reasonable and you are eligible to receive about 50% of this cost back from Medicare. Please do not hesitate in contacting us on 5481 1255 if you would like more information.
Do your teeth require something more specialised?
Meet the Jacaranda Family Dental Staff!
Contact us now to schedule an appointment.